211 Elton Adelphia Road, Freehold, NJ
211 Elton Adelphia Road, Freehold, NJ
Director of Faith Formation
Hope Lutheran Church
Hope Lutheran Church is seeking a talented and creative Director of Faith Formation who will help build community connections in a Christian environment. Are you passionate about making a positive impact through service to the Common Good? Are you looking to make a difference connecting faith, families, youth, adults and communities? If so, this may be the position for you!
The Director of Faith Formation is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and coordinating the faith-formation ministry of Hope Lutheran Church, Hope Christian School, and the Freehold community. This is a full-time, 35-hour week position.
As a member of the Hope Lutheran Church leadership team, this position creates and strengthens faith-based relationships, a sense of belonging and service opportunities. This team-builder develops innovative programming that positively supports the faith-based mission of the congregation and school through open, welcoming, and connected environments.
Hope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
· Serves as liaison between school, church and community. Serves as a welcoming and supportive point of contact and good will ambassador for events, services, outreach programs, and collaborative initiatives.
· Builds and maintains positive relationships and brings communities together. Meets with group leaders to foster spiritual growth, best practices, belonging and consistency across church, school and community spaces.
· Leads established faith formation programs including Vacation Bible School. Assists church leadership with curriculum and volunteer coordination for Sunday School and similar faith formation programming through in person, virtual and hybrid modes.
· Collaborates with church and school leadership to develop, implement and lead new and creative programs that promote faith formation and engagement with church, school and community audiences.
○ Creates and oversees initiatives that further the mission of church and school. Handles the many details large and small that lead to success including: researching potential programs and faith formation trends; identifying and inviting leaders, participants and volunteers; coordinating details, budget and paperwork; marketing to multi-generational audiences; leading and fostering engagement at the program/event; completing program evaluations; and handling thank you/acknowledgements.
· Recruits, organizes and supervises volunteers
· Communicates effectively to multi-generation audiences using multiple modes (i.e., email, social media, text messages, newsletter, etc.). Creates, designs, publishes and
distributes website and social media content. Creates programmatic marketing materials (i.e., newsletters, brochures) as needed.
· Identifies resources focused on faith formation, needs of children, youth and families.
· Serves on committees and completes professional development training relevant to the position as directed by the Pastor.
· Completes other related duties as needed
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field
· 2+ years of experience working with children, preferably in a Christian environment
· Follower of the Christian faith
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including Sunday mornings and Vacation Bible School during the summer. Schedule may also include occasional nights and weekends as needed
· Lutheran Certificate of Faith Formation (or successful completion of certificate within one year of hire date)
· Quick learner and independent go-getter who enjoys being an active member of a team in a positive work environment
· Must be a reliable and detail-oriented team builder who enjoys brings people together.
· Creative and innovative thinker with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
· Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook), social media platforms, communication tools and current technology and hardware (i.e., YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Zoom/Teams, Google drive, email lists, laptops, tablets, smart phones, digital projectors, etc.). Ability to use graphic design tools to create marketing and program materials.
· Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
· English language fluency
· Successful candidate must complete State of New Jersey background check required to work with children
· Experience working with various age groups
· Lutheran is a real plus!
· Bilingual or multi-lingual
· Knowledge of grant writing, development, or research
· Master’s degree in a related field
Learn more about Hope Lutheran Church and Hope Christian School below. Make a difference in a bright future as our church enters an exciting new era.
To join our team, email your resume and cover letter by June 15, 2023, including why you are interested in the position. Direct them to email@example.com. Please send documents as MS Word or Adobe PDF files. We also request two references available upon request.
· Full-time, 35-hour week salaried position
· Salary range: $40,000 - $45,000
· Generous paid holidays, sick and vacation days
· Positive work environment in a caring, Christian setting
· Partial hybrid work schedule possible
· Retirement benefits
· Professional development opportunities
Hope Lutheran Church (HLC) is a participating congregation in The New Jersey Synod, a geographical grouping of Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) congregations. Our church is in Freehold, New Jersey where we join together under a common roof anchored in Christ, growing in faith, love, and service. We offer two types of worship services: a traditional service with traditional liturgy accompanied by organ, and a contemporary service with multi-media and a worship band. We also stream both services if worshiping from home is the best way for you to worship with us.
All are welcome here, we offer a flexible, comfortable and non-judgmental environment for all people to grow in faith, service and love. At HLC, you will feel surrounded by friends looking to hold one another up through fellowship and faith. Lutheran church culture is firmly rooted in ministering to our members, our community, and on a global level. Our prayer for every gathering is that you would feel welcomed and loved. We want you to leave our church inspired and renewed by God's infinite love for us.
HLC is deeply rooted in service to the community and common good in the Freehold area. We are a founding member of Freehold Area Open Door, which assists the most vulnerable among us by meeting our clients where they are, address their immediate needs, and then provide support as they develop skills to become self-reliant. Services include a food pantry, rental and utility assistance, after school and scholarship programs, senior, birthday and holiday gifts and a delivery program.
HLC is also a founding member of the Freehold Clergy Association and the Emergency Housing and Advocacy Program, which assists, empowers, and educates individuals who are homeless in securing housing and other benefits that will ultimately ensure their ability to live independently with self-determination. We advocate for these individuals and teach them to self-advocate when confronted by the various institutions, agencies, and other facets of society, which may jeopardize their survival and success. We are dedicated to fulfilling this mission without judgment or intolerance while showing genuine respect and empathy for each individual.
Hope Christian School (HCS) provides a quality education in a secure and loving Christian environment for over 50 years. We serve children, families and the community through educational programming for 2- to 6-year olds from September through May and Summer Camp in June, July and August.
Class options include Mommy and Me, Toddler, Terrific Threes, Fabulous Fours, and full day certified Kindergarten. We offer age appropriate curricula that allow the children to utilize their natural curiosity in a structured, FUN, active, social and Christian setting. Center play, circle time, small group and individual instruction, academics, outdoors, art & crafts, music, and special opportunities are part of our daily routine. HCS also offers children a wide variety of events and experiences that supplement their classroom learning.
Since its inception in 1967, HCS has been an overwhelmingly popular choice for quality Christian education in the Freehold area. Our teachers are certified, and well qualified. They are dedicated to offering children an early childhood experience that will not only prepare them academically and socially for future schools but will instill a love of learning that will follow them for life. All staff take part in several professional development classes throughout the year.