HOPE SUNDAY SCHOOL
Collection for Open Door Pantry
Our Hope Sunday School hunger project this year is focusing on the needs of people in our local community, through the
Freehold Area Open Door food pantry.
In Sunday School Class your child heard the story “Maddi’s Fridge” (PreK-2nd graders)
or participated in a poverty simulation (3rd grade & up). See link below to watch video narration of this book!
Ask them about their activities, what they learned, and how they would like to help in our project.
Each week in March, we will be collecting a different, much-needed item for the food pantry (see below). We hope your family will participate. As much as possible, involve your children in choosing your donations, and talk about how these donations will help families. Then bring the items to Sunday School class. A message will be sent out each week to help us remember what’s being collected. At the end of March, we’ll have a celebration to thank you for your help!
- Week of March 3rd – Boxes of Facial Tissues
- Week of March 10th – Juice Boxes or Bottles of Juice
- Week of March 17th – Toothpaste & Toothbrushes (single or multi-packs)
- Week of March 24th – Cooking Oil (small or medium bottles)
- Week of March 31st – Complete Pancake Mix (the kind that you just add water to) & Pancake Syrup
Thanks so much for teaching our children to help our community!
If you have questions please contact Cindy Lynch at email@example.com or 732-780-5438